BEHOLD AN excellent video noting how the Democrat Party has morphed from the Party of the Working Man to the party that obsesses on Political Correctness, race, open borders, diversity and socialism, all to the detriment of the American Working Man.
AND A PROSPEROUS one to boot, thanks to President Trump.
Here are the Top Ten Accomplishments in 2019 of the Trump Administration. If you are aware of few or none of them, that’s not surprising. The news media do what they can to ignore good news and focus on any little negative thing available.
But in the background, the Blond Bomber is doing great work.
- The Trump Boom is going strong. The unemployment rate recently hit its lowest mark in 50 years. All told, since President Trump’s election, America has added more than 7 million jobs — over half a million in manufacturing alone.
- The stock market keeps breaking records. The Dow Jones and S&P 500 hit record closes again last Friday.
- The working class is thriving, as are previously forgotten communities. Wages are now rising the fastest for low-income workers, and poverty rates for blacks and Hispanics have reached all-time lows.
- Accountable government is back. Since taking office, Trump has rolled back nearly eight regulations for every new one, saving American taxpayers more than $50 billion in the process — with bigger savings still to come.
- Better trade deals are putting America back in the driver’s seat. Congress approved Trump’s USMCA this month — a YUGE win for U.S. workers, farmers, and manufacturers that will create 176,000 new jobs.
- Trade with China in particular is about to get a whole lot fairer. As part of a historic “phase 1” deal, Beijing has agreed to structural reforms in its trade practices and to make substantial purchases of American agricultural products.
- Securing the border is paying off and making America safer. Trump struck new agreements with Mexico and Central American countries this year to help stop the flood of illegal immigration. Thanks to this swift action, border apprehensions fell by more than 70 percent from May to November.
- On healthcare, Trump is fighting to give Americans the best system on Earth. While Democrats try to take away choice, the president’s focus on affordability led to the largest year-over-year drop in drug prices ever recorded.
- American interests are taking center stage abroad. In just one example: After years of not paying their fair share, NATO allies will have increased defense spending by $130 billion by the end of next year.
- The U.S. military took out the world’s top terrorist in October. U.S. troops are now getting the support they deserve. Trump recently signed the National Defense Authorization Act for the 2020 fiscal year, which includes the biggest pay raise for the military in a decade.
As Democrats continue to scream and writhe on the floor because it was “Hillary’s turn,” the Blond Bomber is proving himself to be one of the greatest U.S. presidents ever.
* * * *
(Note: Be sure to watch the short video I placed in the comment section. You’ll be a better person for it. Some of it might surprise you gay people.)
THE AMERICAN Left has left the common-sense building, and I don’t think they’re coming back, but I wish they would.
So let’s put aside for the moment the nutty socialist stuff and the “everybody is a racist” mantra and just focus on immigration.
There are approximately 7.5 billion people in the world, and many of them would like to live in America. In fact, tens of millions of folks have illegally entered the USA since Ronald Reagan signed an immigrant amnesty bill in 1986.
Democrats, at least many of them, are happy the illegal people are here and are clamoring for millions more to come in the name of justice and diversity. Even though immigrant families are heavy users of welfare programs, and the nation currently owes 22 trillion dollars, liberals don’t care. The left actually wants to pay for the healthcare of foreign nationals who break U.S. immigration law.
Of course, this defies reason and will eventually lead to very bad things for all Americans as the national debt will eventually collapse the economy. Again, the left doesn’t care, and some look forward to that because socialism might replace capitalism if there’s ever a depression, which is possible with the crushing debt.
So maybe there is some common sense here after all.
* * * *
(This is a guest post by the inimitable Bill O’Reilly, formerly of Fox News.)
EVERY OTHER Saturday, around 8:30 a.m. to avoid heavy traffic, I leap into the Honda and head downtown to check the sparse contents of my post office box.
I did that today. It’s a nice drive, usually very cool due to the early hour. There’s rarely anything in the PO box, which is why I check it only every two weeks.
As I pass the Best Western, there are two black folks standing in the street at the speed bump with their hands out. They are Central American illegals heading north. This is not the first time I’ve seen Central Americans at that speed bump.
How do I know they are Central Americans? Because the last time I spotted similar people at that speed bump, they were holding a sign that said so. Also, black Mexicans, not too numerous anywhere, are nonexistent in our area.
In contrast, blacks are quite common in Central America.
My mind wanders here and there during the 15-minute drive to the post office.
Yesterday I read a poll that said our nincompoop demagogue of a leftist president, whom I refer to as El Presidente Moonbat, has slipped 8 points in popularity, from 78 percent to 70 percent, still way, way too high. But another poll this morning says he’s plummeted to 47 percent. I pray the latter poll is the correct one.
He’s gutted the public health system. Violence is at record highs. Economic trust is declining. Plus, he’s vindictive and divisive. And likely wants to be President for Life. His party controls the legislative branch. The Constitution can be changed.
We’re in the middle of a three-day festival here on the mountaintop. It’s called CantoyaFest, and I’m not a fan. Traffic is awful. Downtown is sealed off.
And, worst of all, it’s a huge fire hazard.
Beautiful balloons of some questionable material are sent aloft in scores. These balloons contain actual fires. They’re launched directly over centuries-old wooden buildings. You see the problem? But we’re Mexican, and we know the Virgin Mary will keep everything under control, and so far she has. I question her reliability.
The post office box contained just two things today. A routine, monthly advisory that my corporate pension had been deposited to my bank account. And a separate promo from another bank. Both were wastes of paper and postage.
Two weeks ago, I received an IRS letter, which is not something you want to see. It had been mailed way back in May. It said I owed over $1,000, and I had damn well better do something about it. Well, something like that.
I phoned the IRS, and a nice lady straightened out the issue. I did not owe anything, an IRS error. Mail is slow to arrive, but usually not that slow. I’ve had a PO box for almost 19 years. It’s far better than counting on delivery to your door.
My biweekly post office visits are fun.
Except when there’s a letter from the IRS.